This blog describes my 24-day traverse of the Pyrenees from Atlantic to Mediterranean, July 2011.
The Pyrenean Haute Route is around 800km with 42,000 metres of ascent.

Map of the route | Schedule

Stages:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 14 - Hospital de Benasque to Estany deth Cap deth Port

14th July 2011

HRP - Day 14

After my `rest day´ at Hospital de Benasque, it was time to get going again on 14th July. I met the Czech folk after about an hour before the climbing started up towards the Coll de Molleres. It was still pretty misty and dank and not easy to follow the route. Luckily just before the col, the mist suddenly enough to see where the col was. The descent down the other side was seriously steep to start with, but quickly backed off to a sea of boulders. The descent was so long and rough that after a while the tendons in my left ankle were screaming in complaint. Eventually I was scarcely moving and just hobbling along, so I needed to stop and tape my ankle.

When I reached the valley floor near Hospital de Vielha, I stuck my foot in the river for 15 minutes, and re-taped the ankle before continuing again. I chatted with a nice French couple who were about to hitch through the tunnel for supplies at Vielha, and they persuaded me to take some ibuprofen and carry on. So I began the next stage in reached the Restance Refuge pretty late, but just walked straight past and made a higher bivouac beside the Estany deth Cap deth Port.


View HRP - Day 14 in a larger map

1 comment:

Erlend Hildur said...

I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about to lose my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what I am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com . and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Pedro Jerome , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-8632310632. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best